- Omega-3 DHA for smarter, more trainable puppies.
- Fortified with essential minerals to help build strong bones.
- Enriched with antioxidants to help develop a strong immune system.
- Builds strong, firm muscles with protein sourced from chicken and egg.
Chicken, Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Chicken Meal, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Choline Chloride, Fructooligosaccharides, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide), Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), DL-Methionine, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Rosemary Extract.
|Weight of Dog (lbs.)||6 – 11 Weeks—Feed Daily||3 – 4 Months—Feed Daily||5 – 7 Months—Feed Daily||8 – 12 Months—Feed Daily|
|3 lbs.||1 1/8 c||1 1/8 c||3/4 c||3/8 c|
|5 lbs.||1 5/8 c||1 1/2 c||1 c||1/2 c|
|10 lbs.||2 1/2 c||2 1/2 c||1 1/2 c||3/4 c|
|15 lbs.||3 1/2 c||3 1/4 c||2 c||1 c|
|20 lbs.||4 c||3 3/4 c||2 1/2 c||1 1/4 c|
|30 lbs.||5 1/2 c||5 c||3 1/4 c||1 3/4 c|
|40 lbs.||6 1/2 c||6 c||4 c||2 c|
|50 lbs.||7 1/2 c||7 c||4 1/2 c||2 1/2 c|
c = cups; 1 cup = 105 grams
These guideline amounts are a starting point and your puppy may need more food depending upon age, activity, and temperament. In order to reach optimal body condition, you may need to adjust food intake. This represents the total recommended volume of food per day. You should divide the total recommended feeding amount by the number of times you feed your puppy per day to get the actual portion size per feeding.
- Remember to have clean, fresh water available for your puppy at all times.
- This formula is recommended for pregnant or nursing dogs.
- During the last three weeks of gestation, increase feeding amounts by 25% to 50%. During lactation, feed as much as she wants (usually two to five times the guideline amount, depending on litter size).
- Because IAMS ProActive Health Smart Puppy food is complete and balanced, you do not need to add vitamin or mineral supplements.
When introducing IAMS ProActive Health Smart Puppy food, gradually mix it with your puppy's current food over the course of 4 days.
|Crude Protein, minimum||22.0%|
|Crude Fat, minimum||12.0%|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||4.0%|
|Zinc, minimum||150 mg/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acid, minimum||1.44%*|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum||0.21%*|
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles